If you have health, you probably will be happy, and if you have health and happiness, you have all the wealth you need, even if it is not all you want. ~Elbert Hubbard

Saturday, January 7, 2012

February 11, 2012

Being sick this past week was awful on my workout routine. I had my worst weigh-in yet, losing about 3 pounds of muscle! By tomorrow I should be totally healed and back on the pavement! With the help of my meticulous calorie-counting and my weigh-in shame, I've given myself FIVE weeks to reach my short-term weight-loss and clothing size goal. Then starts the life-long battle to keep the weight off, continue my healthier eating habits and continue to inspire others! So, February 11, 2012 is the date! My goal is to have gotten those last pesky 12 pounds off and keep them off!

Food shopping is always challenging, especially when there are so many tempting treats out there waiting for unsuspecting victims. Many health gurus recommend to doing your grocery shopping in the perimeter of the store and I see why. Think about what the perimeter of the store contains: the produce section, meats and dairy. All the nice things we should be eating! The dairy section does have some trouble spots though; over-processed yogurts that are full of sugar, caramel for dipping apples in and whole milk cheeses, just to name a few. But of course, we are too smart to fall for those tricks!! The other day I was doing some food shopping and wandered through the aisles, looking for any sales and anything else I might need. Nothing packaged in a box appealed to me like it used to. It was amazing. I was content with frozen vegetables and fish and romaine lettuce. I'm trying hard to keep it up because temptation is EVERYWHERE!

1 comment:

  1. you can do it! i believe in you!!! even though the last week was a bad one for your weigh in, you've had several successful weeks in the past. let your body recover from your cold and you'll be back on track in no time!

    ReplyDelete