If you have health, you probably will be happy, and if you have health and happiness, you have all the wealth you need, even if it is not all you want. ~Elbert Hubbard

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Almost There!

So last week, I went to get a facial. For some reason, I've been having some major break-outs lately and I felt I deserved it. Afterwards, my aesthetician brings to my attention that we haven't eaten together in forever and insists I eat at her house. She made roti. The NUMBER ONE thing I've been craving ever since decreasing my intake of bready things. I said I'd eat a small one. I had two and they were amazing. It was the most delicious thing ever! I still taste it 5 days later! I knew I would pay for it at my next weigh in. I paid for it, alright... with a 3 lb decrease in fat mass! I worked so hard to make my diet healthier to make up for my little indulgence and it paid off! I am 5 lb away from my goal weight! I never thought I'd see this day. I honestly thought I'd be fat and unhealthy forever.

So, I've decided to allow myself ONE "regular" meal item a week. Something not specifically low-carb or high-protein. I think I'll make a mini cheese pizza on a pita bread. My favorite ones are these: http://images.netrition.com/images/id_watermark_jpg/464-0001.jpg and I've only found them at BJs Wholesale. They are very yummy, low-carb, have a decent amount of protein and help me get through my carb withdrawal!

I was flipping though the Medi Weightloss magazines they give me and found a lot of great tips I hope to post in the next few days. I'll try and do one a day. I've got a yummy recipe brewing in my oven, but before I post it I want to make sure it's delicous! Stand by!

February starts in a few days, marking a new growing season and that means I'll be planting some eggplant!

My brocolli are coming in nicely and you can see!

Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App

My bibb lettuce

Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App

Tomatoes!

Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App

No comments:

Post a Comment