If you have health, you probably will be happy, and if you have health and happiness, you have all the wealth you need, even if it is not all you want. ~Elbert Hubbard

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Butternut Squash Souffle!

I found a flour-less recipe and altered it a bit. It turned out great! I'm so proud! I still love the Garden Lites version, but I just wanted to be able to make it on my own!

Butternut Squash Souffle

2 cups softened butternut squash
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1 egg white
1/2 cup milk (I used Almond Milk)
3 tbsp softened butter
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp salt

I first cut the squash in half, scooped out the seeds and placed in a microwave-safe dish seed side down. Add about a half cup of water to the dish and microwave for about 15 minutes or until the squash is soft. Scoop out the squash with a spoon and put in a bowl. Preheat the oven to 325. Add all the ingredients in a bowl and mix with an electric mixer until well combined. I greased about 6 ramekins with Pam Olive Oil and filled them 2/3 full. Bake for 75 minutes, allow to cool and enjoy!

Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App

1 comment:

  1. this looks awesome! too bad i'm too lazy to do all the work.

    ReplyDelete