If you have health, you probably will be happy, and if you have health and happiness, you have all the wealth you need, even if it is not all you want. ~Elbert Hubbard

Friday, December 30, 2011

"Smaller Me" challenges

Tangerine Tango...

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2011/12/29/HO9H1MHA96.DTL

Shopping used to be tedious and depressing. In the past 2 weeks, I've added more to my wardrobe than I had in the past year! One could argue that this does not assist in my healthier living lifestyle, due to the recent strain on my debit card... I argue that it is a result of my healthier living lifestyle.

So as I'm awake at 4:48 am waiting for the sun to come up so I could go on a run, I decided that my New Year's Challenges will be: try to grow more of my own food, exercise AT LEASE 3 times a week, incorporate more Tangerine Tango into my wardrobe and to incorporate said fashion additions in my travel endeavors with my bff, http://traveljunkie331.blogspot.com/ !

Every time I look at my work schedule for the mid-December to mid-January pay periods, I cry a little inside. I've been working overnight 7p-7a going on 5 years and I've never worked on New Years Eve. *sigh* So I decided if I'm going to be stuck in a cold building for 12 hours working instead of spending time with my family, I'm going to come up with some awesome makeup to ring in the new year with my coworkers and the patients! This is the fruit of my labor, and also the first photo I've taken of myself where I've realized just how thin I've gotten.

Photobucket

Till next time!

3 comments: