If you have health, you probably will be happy, and if you have health and happiness, you have all the wealth you need, even if it is not all you want. ~Elbert Hubbard

Friday, December 23, 2011

Garden Update :(

So I got home from work this morning to water my babies. I'd been looking out for a honey bee or two in my garden ever since the plants started flowering and today I got one! :D It looked so happy buzzing around until I scared it by taking pictures!




Then, I look to the left and see that the zucchini plants I'd moved over to an empty patch are NOT happy with the move. Three days later and they are still ever as droopy and not looking good at all. And I've learned some of my plants have got what is called "Powdery Mildew" which happens commonly in squash plants when they are over-crowded. Now I'm debating pulling the sick plants out so they don't infect my very successful green bean plants. Decisions, decisions...

2 comments:

  1. I don't know anything about gardening but pulling them out would seem like the smarter move. You have been working very hard on your garden. It would make sense to have 1 veggie go bad instead of all of them.

    Pull it out!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. I'll probably do it tomorrow in the AM. It's actually like 5 plants that are looking bad :( I don't want them to damage my flourishing green beans. I'll look for WINTER squash seeds. lol.

    ReplyDelete