If you have health, you probably will be happy, and if you have health and happiness, you have all the wealth you need, even if it is not all you want. ~Elbert Hubbard

Friday, December 23, 2011

Garlic Mozzarella Eggplant

I had a few eggplants in my fridge that I didn't want to go bad, so I whipped them up really quick-like.

Ingredients:
1 small eggplant
1 clove of garlic (mashed or minced, your preference)
1/2 tsp olive oil
1/4 shredded low fat mozzarella cheese

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Slice the eggplant into "wheels" about 1/2 inch thick. In a pan, heat the olive oil and add the garlic. Sautee and allow the garlic to brown. Now, you can add the eggplant to the oil. Cook the eggplant for about 3 minutes on each side, just until it softens up a bit. After the eggplant has softened, arrange the slices in a baker. I just got this one, http://www.pamperedchef.com/ordering/prod_details.tpc?prodId=35247&words=bake
and it worked out GREAT! Cooking spray is not required, the care is very easy and the food did not stick. Sprinkle a little bit of cheese on each eggplant wheel. Now bake for 10 minutes or until the cheese has melted and browned a little bit. Enjoy!


4 comments:

  1. Oooh. This looks good! Was it yummy? I'll have to try it and add some spices to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was sooo yummy! The garlic was just enough. I use the pilon and put a little bit of salt with the garlic. I think I'm gonna try and grow eggplants. Next project!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool. Well, make sure you have enough room for them to sprout. Those suckers grow big!

    ReplyDelete