If you have health, you probably will be happy, and if you have health and happiness, you have all the wealth you need, even if it is not all you want. ~Elbert Hubbard

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Low Calorie Noodle Stir Fry

I found these noodles at my local health food store (http://www.amazon.com/No-Oodles-Calorie-Shirataki-Noodles/dp/B003Z4F56C/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1366170460&sr=8-2&keywords=no+calorie+noodles) and was amazed that I could indulge in my love of noodles of all kinds in a no-calorie version! Here is one of my creations!
 photo IMG_1921.jpg
Ingredients:
1 tbsp Safflower Oil
2 Cloves of Garlic (garlic makes so many things so much better!)
1 tbsp of Bouillon paste. (I like http://www.superiortouch.com/retail/products/better-than-bouillon/vegetarian-bases)
1/2 cup Kale (the leafy part)
1 cup broccoli stalks sliced thin
1 carrot, grated

For this recipe, I heated the Safflower Oil, garlic and bouillon paste. I then added the kale, broccoli stalks and carrot. Cover the pot until they soften. While veggies are softening, wash the noodles according the the package instructions. Add the noodles to the veggies and sautee together. I added about a tbsp of soy sauce as an afterthought. Gave it a nice flavor and added color.

No comments:

Post a Comment